This is an unofficial translation of the resolution that was distributed in Dubai. It was initially prepared as an annexe to the AAN report “AAN Q&A: What came out of the Doha intra-Afghan conference?” published on 11 July on Doha Conference that took place between 7th to 8th July in 2019.
Resolution of Intra Afghan Peace Conference
We, the participants of the Conference hereby appreciate, thank and value the efforts of Qatar and German Government for organizing Intra Afghan Peace Conference held on 7 and 8 July 2019 in Doha Qatar and express our deepest gratitude accordingly.
We express our greatest gratitude from the United Nations, Regional Countries, particularly, countries who have facilitated the negotiations for USA and intra afghan peace conference and have taken necessary steps towards the conflict resolution. We are hoping that these parties will continue their support in a way that will benefit our country and the nation and result into a real and desirable peace.
From our point of view, dialogue and agreement assists us to reach an understanding concerning our present and future, be able to tackle the barriers and obstacles as well as understand each other. Therefore, all participants insist and emphasis on the continuation of the dialogue.
We the participants of the Doha conference hereby agree on the following points to reach a sustainable peace.
- All participants have full consensus that achieving sustainable, throughout and a dignified peace which is the demand of the Afghan people, is only possible via afghan Inclusive negotiations
- Afghanistan is a united, Islamic Country and home for all different ethnicities. Islamic Sovereignty, social and political justice, national unity, territorial sovereignty, which all Afghans are committed upon.
- Throughout the history, particularly during the last 40 years, the Afghan people have defended their religions, country, and culture and sacrificed immensely for their independent. Afghanistan shall not be the witness of another war in the country and intra Afghan agreement between different levels of the society is vital and crucial. All International Community, regional and internal elements shall respect out values accordingly.
- Since our nation is suffering daily due to on going prolonged war and its therefore, necessary that the following steps are needed to be taken so that we can have an effective Intra Afghan negotiation.
a) The conflict parties shall avoid threats, revenges and conflicting words, shall use soft terminologies and words during their official gatherings, and shall not fuel the conflict and revenge.
b) The Doha peace conference participants strongly supports the current peace talks in Doha and believes that an effective and positive outcome from the negotiations will be fruitful for Afghanistan.
- The following steps shall be taken to create trustable environment for peace and in order to have our nation safe from the war and its consequences, violence and devastation shall be decreased: the conflict parties shall consider these measures.
a) unconditional release of elders, disables and sick inmates.
b) Ensuring the security of public institutions, such as schools, Religious Madrassas, hospitals, markets, water dams and other working locations.
c) In particular, respect educational institutions, like schools, universities, and other educational institutions as well residential areas.
d) Committed to respect and protect the dignity of people, their life and property and to minimize the civilian casualties to Zero.
- Assuring women rights in political, social, economic, educational, cultural affairs as per within the Islamic framework of Islamic Values.
- The participants of Doha conference agrees on a roadmap for peace based on the following conditions:
a) institutionalizing Islamic system in the country for the implementation of comprehensive peace,
b) Start of the peace process simultaneously with the accomplishment of all terms and conditions set forth.
c) monitoring and observation of the peace agreement,
d) Reform in the preservation of fundamental institutions, defensive and other national entities which belongs to all Afghans,
e) repartition of immigrants and return of IDPs,
f) support and assistance from donor countries post peace agreement based on the new cooperation and relations,
g) Insist during international conferences regarding the assurance of Afghanistan peace agreement.
h) Assurance on zero interference from the neighboring and regional countries in Afghanistan.
- We acknowledge and approve the recent resolution of intra Afghan conference held on 5 and 6 Feb 2019 in Moscow and we urge the Islamic Conference, UN, Security council, EU and our neighboring countries to support the peace conferences held in Moscow and Doha.
MAY ALLAH GRANT US SUCCESS IN OUR FUTURE ENDEVOURS
Translation by AAN
This article was last updated on 4 Apr 2020