For general inquiries about vacancies and calls for bids/proposals please write to us at: [email protected]
We can only accept applications for open positions. We encourage you to monitor this website and apply for a position you are interested.
Current vacancies (1)
- Call for Application: Editor/Analyst
(Deadline: 27 January 2021)
AAN is seeking to recruit a new staff member for the position of Editor/Analyst.
AAN’s preference is for a full-time appointment, but the right candidate would be considered for a part-time engagement. Remuneration would be based on the AAN salary scale for the Analyst position with the exact grade determined by the skills, training and experiences of the candidate.
The Afghanistan Analysts Network (AAN) is a non-profit, independent policy research organisation, established in February 2009. It aims to bring together the knowledge, experience and drive of experts to better inform policy and to increase the understanding of Afghan realities. It is driven by engagement and curiosity and is committed to producing independent, high quality and research-based analysis on the main developments in Afghanistan.
AAN is a small organisation, currently consisting of three senior analysts and a Kabul-based research team. We have a small, well-functioning office in Kabul that serves as the hub of the organisation’s activities.
AAN publishes regular in-depth reports. The main channel for the dissemination of the reports is the AAN website. For more information on AAN, please check the AAN website: www.afghanistan-analysts.org.
The Analyst will report to AAN’s Co-Directors, and s/he will be provided with a consultancy contract. Remuneration will depend on experience and skills, taking into account the current AAN salary scales. Due to funding and Covid-19 situation any travels to Afghanistan need to be approved by the Executive Board.
Job description Editor/Analyst
- Contribute to editing AAN publications;
- Contribute to AAN’s research through independent and joint research with a view to producing AAN reports;
- Contribute to AAN communication;
- Report to AAN’s Executive Board (co-directors)
- Other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Degree in a relevant field (Masters in, for instance, Communications, Journalism, Political Science or Social Sciences);
- A minimum of 7 years relevant working experience, of which at least three years should be in Afghanistan;
- A deep and documented knowledge and experience of the Afghan political and social landscape;
- Excellent and documented analytical, writing and editing skills. Experience in communications and social media campaigns also desirable;
- Excellent networking and organisational skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Native English speaker or comparable level, with a passion for language;
- Knowledge of at least one Afghan language strongly preferred.
The selected candidate is expected to start on 1 March 2021.
How to apply
You can email your application, consisting of a CV with cover letter outlining your experience, three references (with up-to-date email addresses) and a recent example of your writing and analytical skills, to ‘[email protected]‘ and ‘[email protected]’.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
For administrative ease, please write ‘AAN application Analyst’ and your name in the subject line.
The deadline for applications for this recruitment is 27 January 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details on the positions or the application process please direct your queries to: [email protected]