Published by Radio Shariat (transcript)
Saturday, 25 Aug 2001
An edict of the IEA has been issued concerning the prohibition of using Internet on the territory of the IEA by the IEA administration, non-Emirate institutions, foreign and local NGOs.
1st article: All IEA administration, non-Emirate institutions, foreign and local NGOs and individual people cannot use Internet on the territory of the IEA.
- Just one [computer with] Internet should be active in the framework of the IEA under special conditions and our reliable person will manage it.
- Those ministries, independent general presidencies or other Emirate institutions that want to perform their official work through Internet, should apply by fax or telephone at the IEA office in Kandahar through their related organizations, then the cases that are necessary will be approved and the rest refused.
- The ministry for Communication has to seek a way to technically and professionally prevent the use of the Internet.
- The Ministry for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice has to prosecute the violators of this edict and in case of prove, religious punishment should be applied on them.
- This is edict is valid from the date of approval and will be published in the official gazette.
Servant of Islam
Mullah Mohammad Omar Mujahid
This article was last updated on 31 Mar 2020